Down South College Bus Tour
2023 Down South Bus Tour Info:
The 4th Annual BBA Down South College Bus Tour will take place between August 9th – 12th. Any current high school player and college transfer is permitted to attend and below are some of the photos from past tours, along with important details regarding the 4 day experience.
*Richmond Assistant Coach Collin Radack talking with the players
1) What is the Down South Bus Tour?
- The Down South Bus Tour is a four day trip, with the top priority of giving every student athlete on the bus a first hand take on the college experience. Our mission at BBA is to provide each player the opportunity to showcase their abilities, on the field and off the field, in front of the top programs throughout the states of Maryland and Virginia. Our Down South Bus Tour also includes two Instructional Scout Days at our BBA Indoor Facility in Reston, VA and Shenandoah University’s brand new synthetic turf Kevin Anderson Field at Bridgeforth Stadium in front of 20-25 college coaches.
- We also include an instructional aspect at our two Scout Days, by giving the players the opportunity to work with college coaches on hitting, defense, pitching, base running and other aspects of the game.
- The trip offers a personal and in-depth look into several top college baseball programs, which is not provided at a typical showcase event.
- 1900+ College Coaches will receive each player’s digital report card consisting of video footage, a HitTrax Report, a Pitching Rapsodo Report, a Blast Motion Report, other miscellaneous metrics, player profile info and more!
- College List Creation, Assistance and Guidance
- Daily ‘Skull Sessions’ with college coaches on aspects of the game, recruiting and more throughout the trip.
- Hosted/Chaperoned by Andy Bradley(BBA CEO) and Stan Exeter(Ursinus)
- The bus will depart in the morning of Wednesday August 9th from Baltimore, MD and will conclude in the evening on in Reston, VA. For all players flying in from outside the DMV area, you will need to book your flights into Baltimore/Washington International Airport (BWI) on Tuesday August 8th. For your outgoing flight on Saturday August 12th, you will need to book your flight our of Dulles International Airport anytime after 7pm. Flights are not included in the registration fee. For those players flying from outside of the DC area, we can provide hotel options or a host family from our BBA organization for the night of Tuesday 8th. Our staff will also be at the airport to pick up all out of town players and take them to their hotel or host family’s house on the 8th. Email our staff with any flight, hotel and host family related questions.
List of College Tours
- Stevenson University
- University of Maryland
- George Mason University
- University of Mary Washington
- Randolph Macon College
- University of Richmond
- Hampden-Sydney College
- University of Lynchburg
- Liberty University
- Washington & Lee University
- James Madison University
- Shenandoah University
*Louisburg College Tour of Field
*VCU Tour of Locker Room
- Loop Route: Start in Baltimore, MD – End in Reston, VA
- The bus will depart in the morning of Wednesday August 9th from Stevenson University and will conclude in the evening of Saturday August 12th in Reston, VA.
- The price includes all campus tours, baseball activities, most meals, hotels and bus transportation. Players must also bring spending money for 2-3 meals. All breakfasts and most lunches and dinners will be covered by BBA.
*Players Tour University of Virginia Stadium
3) Tour Guides– Players will be guided/chaperoned by Andy Bradley, CEO/Executive Director of BBA and Stan Exeter, Head Coach at Ursinus College.
4) Players Only- Parents are asked not to attend this trip as we want to create a true college baseball experience for these four days. One of our top goals is for the student athletes to walk away from this experience with a better understanding of what it truly takes to play college baseball.
*Richard Bland Coaches talking with our players
5) Registration and Cost– Any player interested in joining us on this incredible experience must CLICK HERE to register and complete the waiver. The total cost of the trip is $1,999 during the Early Bird Registration period. Players also have the ability to attend our Reston(8/9) and Winchester(8/12) Instructional Scout Days if they are unable to attend the entire trip.
There is a 50% non-refundable deposit due for the bus tour during the registration process. The final 50% will be withdrawn 30 days prior to the event. You also have the option to pay the full amount at the time of checkout. This price includes all activities, meals hotels and bus transportation. Bradley Baseball Academia will not issue refunds for our Bus Tours within 30 days of the event.