2024 Down South Virginia Bus Tour
The 5th Annual BBA Down South Virginia Bus Tour will take place between August 9th – 11th. Any current high school player and college transfer is permitted to attend and below are some of the photos from past tours, along with important details regarding the 3 day experience.
Down South Virginia Bus Tour
What is the Down South Virginia Bus Tour?
The Down South Virginia Bus Tour is a three day trip, with the top priority of giving every student athlete on the bus a first hand take on the college experience. Our mission at BBA is to provide each player the opportunity to showcase their abilities, on the field and off the field, in front of the top programs throughout the state of Virginia. Our Down South Virginia Bus Tour also includes two Instructional Scout Days at our BBA Indoor Facility in Reston, VA and Shenandoah University’s brand new synthetic turf Kevin Anderson Field at Bridgeforth Stadium in front of 20-25 college coaches.
We also include an instructional aspect at our Scout Days along the way, by giving the players the opportunity to work with college coaches on hitting, defense, pitching, base running and other parts of the game.
The trip offers a personal and in-depth look into several top Virginia college baseball programs, which is not provided at a typical showcase event.
The Details: Who, When, Where
- 1800+ College Coaches will receive each player’s digital report card consisting of video footage, a Pitching Rapsodo Report, a Blast Motion Report, a HitTrax Report, other miscellaneous metrics, player profile info and more!
- Daily ‘Skull Sessions’ with college coaches on aspects of the game, recruiting and more throughout the trip.
- The bus will depart on the morning of Friday August 9th from Reston, VA and will conclude in the evening on Sunday August 11th in Reston, VA. For all players flying into the DC area, you can book your flights to arrive at any time on August 8th. Return flights can be on the evening of August 11th after 7pm or at anytime on August 12th from the following DC area airports (IAD and DCA). BBA will cover transportation to and from the airports and host families will be provided if need be. Flights are not included in the registration fee. Email our staff at firstname.lastname@example.org with any flight and host family related questions.
- Hosted/Chaperoned by Andy Bradley (BBA CEO) and multiple college coaches along the way.
- 12 Campus Tours led by College Coaching Staffs, Players and Administrators:
- George Mason University
- Marymount University
- University of Mary Washington
- Randolph Macon College
- University of Richmond
- Virginia Commonwealth University
- Longwood University
- Hampden-Sydney College
- University of Lynchburg
- Bridgewater College
- James Madison University
- Shenandoah University
Transportation / Hotels
All bus transportation is included in the registration fee and it will transport all of our student athletes for the duration of the trip. All hotels for players between Friday through Sunday are also included in the registration fee.
Players will be guided/chaperoned throughout the trip by 3-4 BBA staff members and College Coaches.
Parents are asked not to attend this trip, as we want to create a true college baseball experience for these three days. One of our top goals is for the student athletes to walk away from this experience with a better understanding of what it truly takes to play college baseball. Parents will be able to attend the second Scout Day on Sunday August 11th at Shenandoah University’s brand new synthetic turf Kevin Anderson Field at Bridgeforth Stadium at Noon.
Registration and Cost
- Any player interested in joining us on this incredible experience must CLICK HERE to register and complete the waiver. The Early Bird registration fee for the trip is $1,699.
- There is a 50% non-refundable deposit due for the bus tour during the registration process. The final 50% will be withdrawn 30 days prior to the event. You also have the option to pay the full amount at the time of checkout.
- This price includes all activities, most meals, hotels and bus transportation. Players must also bring spending money for 2-3 meals. All breakfasts and most lunches and dinners will be covered by BBA.
Bradley Baseball Academia will not issue refunds for our Bus Tours within 30 days of the event.