MLK Down South College Bus Tour
2020 MLK Down South Bus Tour Info:
The Annual BBA Down South College Bus Tour from January 17th-20th, 2020 is open for registration! Any current high school player is permitted to attend and below are some of the photos from past tours, along with important details regarding the 4 day experience. Click Here to Register
*Virginia Tech Head Coach John Szefc talking with the players
1) What is the MLK Down South Bus Tour?: The Annual BBA MLK Down South Bus Tour is a four day trip, with the top priority of giving every student athlete on the bus a first hand take on the college experience. The trip will run from the morning of Friday January 17th and conclude on the morning of Monday January 20th. It will include the following:
-3 Pro Style Workouts in front of dozens of college coaches
-Co-Hosted/Chaperoned by Ursinus Head Coach and BBA CEO/Executive Director
-Multiple ‘Skull Sessions’ on aspects of the game, recruiting and more throughout the trip.
-College Recruiting Seminar
-College List Creation/Assistance
-Individual meetings with every student athlete on the bus, in which they will be assisted in creating a personalized list of target schools from around the country.
-12 Campus Tours(see list below)
-Led by individuals from the coaching staff, players from the current roster and/or members of the faculty/administration at each of the schools.
List of College Tours
*Wake Forest University Tour of their Weight Room
We encourage you to check out more footage from last year’s MLK Down South Bus Tour on our Instagram page: https://www.instagram.
*VCU Tour of Locker Room
2) Transportation/Hotels- A bus will depart from Lee High School in the mid afternoon on Friday, January 17th. All bus transportation is included in the registration fee and will transport all of our student athletes for the duration of the trip. All hotels for players between Friday night through Monday morning are also included in the registration fee. On Monday, parents will be able to pick their sons up at McLean High School at 7:30pm.
*University of Richmond Coaches Talking to the Players
3) Tour Guides– Players will be guided/chaperoned by Andy Bradley, CEO/Executive Director of BBA and Stan Exeter, Head Coach at Ursinus College.
4) Players Only- Parents are asked not to attend this trip as we want to create a true college baseball experience for these six days. One of our top goals is for the student athletes to walk away from this experience with a better understanding of what it truly takes to play college baseball.
*Barton College Coaches talking with our players
5) Registration and Cost– Any player interested in joining us on this incredible experience must click here to register and complete the waiver. The total cost of the trip is $1,495.
There is an option to pay half of the registration fee a the time of checkout, which is non-refundable. You also have the option to pay the full amount at the time of checkout. This price includes all activities, hotels and bus transportation. Players must also bring spending money for food(approximately 13-15 meals.)